CAP413 1.5.2 and 1.13.3 (Click here) and LASORS Safety Sense 22 p.13 (Click here) give conflicting information regarding requests to an ATSU for Flight Information Service or Radar Information Service or MATZ Penetration or Zone Transit or whatever. This is the latest information. According to the latest Seminar the following is the correct format for these types of messages:
- AIRCRAFT: Station address - Callsign - Request.
- ATSU: Callsign - "Pass your message."
- AIRCRAFT: Callsign - Type - Point of departure - Destination - Routing -Position - Altitude - Request.
- Note 1: Heading is not required. VFR/IFR not required. Pressure setting not required.
- Note 2: If your initial request is for (say) a “MATZ penetration” then the ATSU require, in the subsequent request, the type of service through their MATZ or in their Airspace e.g. “Radar Information Service”.
(Click on the image to ENLARGE.)